Monday, June 23, 2008

Loggy Squares Afghan

I just finished my Loggy Squares Afghan last week to give to a friend of mine home from college in Chicago for the summer. She loves pink, so this afghan will be great for wrapping up while studying on those cold Chicago nights.
I wrote up the pattern and it's now for sale for only $5 in my etsy shop.

I came up with the idea for this log cabin because I wanted to make log cabin squares but use a different technique besides the traditional "in-the-round" method. My squares are worked on opposing sides to add length, then sewn together so that no two colors touch on all four sides. I really loved the way it turned out, and I'm really happy that I can share my design with others!

Kounting Sheep

4 comments:

mrswade said...

It looks great. I love it! I'm not usually much on pink, but I really like the color combo.

MAIZEE said...

Really nice! The black framing sure sets it off. You've inspired me. Got to get back to my log cabin.

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by my blog and love the afghan....log cabin is a favorite of mine too....

Anonymous said...

I have never done a log cabin ghan but do have a pattern book to do one. Maybe that will be a goal for next year. Yours is very inspiring. Thanks for your comments on my recent entry at Ripple along. Nice to meet you.