Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's done!

Here's my finished log cabin afghan. It took me so long because I had to take a medically indicated hiatus in the middle. But it is finally finished. More pictures here.

I must say it is disturbingly square for what I imagined it would turn out to be. The finished product measures 54" x 58". I used up quite a bit of my scrap stash on this one. Of xourse, I'm still left with a ton. But I'm making progress.

I don't know if you can see it or not, but there's an edging of reverse single crochet around the edge. No matter what I did, the pictures of it didn't turn out. But it is my new edging of choice.
The bulk of this is done in RHSS, but there's a lot of other brands of yarn that are similar in there too. I used DC the whole way through except for two rounds of SC around the whole thing, and then an edging of reverse SC.


Nancy said...

It looks fantastic!! And, I too LOVE the reverse sc for an edging. It's very clean and just perrrty too! lol

I had to put my LC on hold to make a ghan for a friend who's dh and family never do anything for her bday. Once it's done, I'm back to my LC!


PattieJ said...

Very nice!! I want to try that reverse single crochet edging.