Here's my finished log cabin afghan. It took me so long because I had to take a medically indicated hiatus in the middle. But it is finally finished. More pictures here.
I must say it is disturbingly square for what I imagined it would turn out to be. The finished product measures 54" x 58". I used up quite a bit of my scrap stash on this one. Of xourse, I'm still left with a ton. But I'm making progress.
I don't know if you can see it or not, but there's an edging of reverse single crochet around the edge. No matter what I did, the pictures of it didn't turn out. But it is my new edging of choice.
The bulk of this is done in RHSS, but there's a lot of other brands of yarn that are similar in there too. I used DC the whole way through except for two rounds of SC around the whole thing, and then an edging of reverse SC.