Saturday, January 12, 2008

Finished Log Cabin

As promised, here are the pictures of my first finished log cabin. This one was a Christmas present for my sister (even though I didn't finish it by Christmas!).
I really enjoyed making this blanket and I liked the color combinations.
I had a little trouble getting the first couple of rotations to be even, so the center is a bit wonky. Once I realized my mishap, I was halfway done and didn't want to take it out. It's not noticeable to the inexperienced eye, but I notice it. Oh well...I still like the finished piece!

I used a size I hook and used half-double crochets for more drape. For the edging, I did four rounds of half-double crochet in green, with three half-doubles in the corner each time. The finished piece ended up being about 50 inches square (I ran out of yarn, so it's a nice lap blanket for my sister!).

Kounting Sheep

4 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooooh! How beautiful! That turned out wonderfully!

mrswade said...

That looks great! The color combo is lots of fun too!

Priscilla said...

The colors are so vibrant! I love it!

leahsimone said...

That is just lovely. I'm inspired to pick up my own frogged log cabin again!